Identity fraud is a risk to us all, as individuals and as businesses, simply because we deal with so many pieces of information on a daily basis. To criminals, a discarded bank statement or photocopy of a passport could be enough to allow them to start building up a picture of you, your customers or your business and eventually can lead to stealing your identity and industry espionage.
should be a part of everyday life. You need to protect your identity.
WHAT TO SHRED?
Determining what to shred should not be difficult. Essentially any paper document or CD/DVD containing personal, confidential, company or financial details should be shred prior to disposal. Police and experts agree that one of the best ways to keep your identity safe is to shred all paper waste before you put it in the bin.
BENEFITS OF ON-SITE SHREDDING:
· Having a shredder located near or next to your desk allows immediate document disposal and instant peace of mind
· Increased security as documents do not have to be stored prior to disposal.
· Increase internal compliance with a document disposal policy because employees are more likely to shred if they can do it when they need to.
· More cost effective over the long term as it only requires a one-off investment rather than continual, ongoing payments.
· Bank/ credit card statements
· Credit/ debit card receipts
· Utility bills
· Cancelled cheques, old credit cards
· Copies of driving licenses or other forms of ID
· Financial records
· Clients/patient lists and files
· Personal records including CVs and payroll details
· Credit cards receipt and bills/company invoices
· Product, marketing or development plans
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SHREDDER
Shredder capacity may not be the best way to select a shredder because it does not necessarily indicate the performance of the shredder. People actually shred much more than they think.
We believe in having the right shredder according to run time, where the shredder will be used, and the security level.
1. GUIDE TO CHOOSING A SHREDDER
1.1. Number of people using the shredder (Users)
1.2. The number of sheets to be shredded
1.3. The confidentiality level of your data (DIN Level)
1.4. The type of media to be destroyed (Paper, CD’s, Credit Cards)
1.5. The money budgeted for the shredder
1.6. The kind of workplace the shredder will be placed(Home/Office)
2. CHOOSING SHREDDER CUT TYPES
2.1. STRIP CUT DINE 1&2
Strip Cut Shredders are ideal shredders for personal and small office document disposal.
· Shred more paper at a time
· Faster Shredding speed
· Lower maintenance
· Less expensive
· Cuts A4 paper into 30/36pieces
Best for Homes, Offices and Departments where medium security standards are in practice.
2.2. CROSS – CUT DIN3&4
· Greater Security (Higher 3.9 x 50mm)
· Reduces shredding bulk (80% more than strip-cut)
· Cuts A4 paper into 320/2000pieces
Government approved highly secure shredders that can shred sensitive documents.
· Superior Security
· Government/National Security approved
· Overheating Protection
· Energy Saving Mode
Government approved highly secure shredders that can shred sensitive documents into dusts.
3. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
Fellowes’ shredder range is packed with innovation. Look out for the icons below and their descriptions:
3.1. 100% JAM FREE
3.2. JAM BLOCKER
3.3. SAFETY LOCK
3.4. SILENTSHRED PERFORMANCE
3.5. CONTINUOUS DUTY SHREDDING
3.6. ENERGY SAVING SYSTEM
3.7. SLEEP MODE
3.8. TURBO JAM RELEASE
3.9. AUTO OIL
Find out more... CONTACT US